On December 23, 1971, Richard Nixon signed the National Cancer Act and declared “war on cancer.” Nearly 50 years have passed since then, and billions of dollars have been spent on cancer research. Ribbons have been worn, races have been run, and fundraisers have been held. Some progress has been made, but unfortunately, we have not seen significantly improved outcomes for cancer as a whole.
According to 2005 data from the American Cancer Society, as well as 2010 data from the Centers for Disease Control, the overall death rate for cancer over the past 60 years is virtually unchanged. Epidemiologists predict that cancer will soon overtake heart disease as the #1 killer of Americans. We are clearly losing the war on cancer!
What We Believe
At The Center for Advanced Medicine, we are ushering in what we believe should be the new standard of care for cancer treatment – integrative oncology, combining the best of modern medicine with effective natural therapies, in a way which is personalized for each patient.
Integrative oncology has been defined by the Best Answer for Cancer Foundation as “A systemic, patient-centered, healing-oriented, whole-person, and functional approach to the individualistic causes and treatment of cancer using all appropriate therapies.”
We do not believe in abandoning conventional medicine. We embrace the appropriate use of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation. However, we also recognize the tremendous potential in science-based natural and alternative therapies. This is the essence of integrative oncology.
The Integrative Oncology Toolbox
For the large majority of cancers, we believe that neither a purely conventional approach nor a purely natural approach is optimal. We believe in drawing from all branches of healthcare, using any and all modalities at our disposal. in an effort to achieve a therapeutic outcome in which the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Some of our treatments include:
- Fractionated (low dose) chemotherapy
- Insulin potentiation therapy
- IV vitamin C
- IV artesunate
- IV glutathione
- Pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) therapy
- Infrared sauna
- Sono-photodynamic therapy
- Ozone sauna
- Mind-body medicine
- Cancer nutrition
- Off-label pharmaceuticals
We believe that you are a unique and powerful individual, and that you are not defined by your diagnosis. Cancer care should focus on on each patient’s unique history. Most importantly, the treatments employed should take into consideration each patient’s goals and quality of life. In order to do this, there must be a strong partnership between doctor and patient.
We believe that this bond is sacred, built upon a commitment to work closely together for the long term. Our team has many years of combined medical experience, and we have a passion for what we do. To us, our patients are like family.
- We offer a unique and innovative cancer treatment option to patients who have chosen to seek our expertise.
- We only treat adults over the age of 18, with a proven cancer diagnosis (e.g., pathology report demonstrating a cancer finding)
- We always inform patients that choosing treatments which are outside of the standard of care constitute a risk
- We carefully evaluate each potential patient, and make every effort to only accept patients who we feel are a good fit for our practice and who will benefit from our treatments
- We make no guarantee of cure, remission, or any specific treatment outcome
- We are an out-of-network provider, and thus do not participate in any insurance plans, Medicare, or Medicaid. Our services should be considered strictly out-of-pocket